Au Pair Summer In Spain
Au Pair means “on par with” and is more than being a nanny. An an Au Pair you'll acts as an essential element of the family fulfilling the role of an older sibling to the family's children. You job will be to care for, support and entertain the children. You may also help with the children's English language ability. Many of our Au Pairs form lasting relationships with their host family and by living in their home this programme is able to offer you a true cultural exchange experience. Whilst in Spain take advantage of the true Spanish culture by exploring the sights and sampling the local delicacies, paella anyone?
As an Au Pair your role is based around child-care. It is important to point out that Au Pairs will not be expected to do substantial household chores. You'll work around 30 hours a week and the role revolves around playing with the children and ensuring they are having the best time possible. Your duties will include:
• Childcare and supporting the child's development
• Helping the children improve their English language ability
• Minor supporting roles around the home such as tidying your living space and preparing light meals and snacks for the children
• Transporting children about their daily lives
- Accommodation in the family home
- 3 meals per day
- Placement with a host family
- Airport pick up and drop off upon successful placement
- Weekly pocket money (60-80 Euros per week)
- In-country assistance and advice for the duration of your stay
Support & Matching Process
As a Smaller Earth Au Pair we're here to fully support you throughout your journey from initial application right through to when you return to the UK. You'll have access to 24/7 support from our trusted partner whilst in Spain and we'll make sure everything is sorted prior to your departure so you can depart with peace of mind. We'll offer you a welcome orientation as well as pre-departure guides to set you off on the right foot. We've got heaps of experience in sending Au Pairs abroad and are fully accredited members of IAPA (International Au Pairs Association) that's why we send more UK Au Pairs overseas than anyone else!
We pride ourselves on ensuring that you are matched to the right host family. All of our host families have been carefully screened and vetted to ensure they are suitable for hosting an Au Pair. We encourage all families to interview any potential Au Pairs prior to offering employment to ensure the family and au pair are the perfect match. Our host families are really conscious that this is a cultural exchange program and want to ensure that you are integrated fully into their family life to provide you with the best possible experience. Remember the Spanish family will be eager to learn more about your native language and culture.
- Be aged 18-30 years old
- Be an EU passport holder (contact us for options for non-EU citizens)
- Be a non-smoker and in good health
- Have a clean criminal background
- Be able to communicate clearly in English and have a basic understanding of the Spanish language
- Be polite and respectful of the host family's rules
- Have experience of working with children. Babysitting is a minimum requirement
- Enjoy immersing yourself in other cultures and sharing your own
Travel & Explore
With around 80% of summer placements occuring in Madrid and Marbella this is a great opportunity for you to immerse yourself in Spanish culture and connect with other Au Pairs in your area. With over 6.5 million people within Madrid it's a hot spot to be this summer. If this isn't your thing, Not to worry, as other cities include Seville, Barcelona, Malaga and Santander. Students from around the world have found places like Madrid and Marbella to be an exceptional place to live and learn a language that is already spoken by more than 400 million people around the world. The Au Pair in Spain programme is a great opportunity to become part of a Spanish family, as the Host Family welcomes you as a family member and not as an employee.
For us, Au Pairing is not just a cultural exchange experience it's an opportunity to build connections and lifelong friendships with other Au Pairs in Spain We will actively engage you with other Au pairs in your area to meet-up, swap stories and source tips and tricks for being the best Au Pair possible.
Interested in this; ready to enquire?
Find out more by filling out the form below and clicking send. Smaller Earth should then be in touch shortly to help with your enquiry.