Medical & Healthcare, Victoria Falls
- Support healthcare institutions in Zambia that suffer from being under-staffed and under-resourced
- Provide assistance in educating a variety of age groups regarding HIV, hand hygiene, substance abuse, nutrition and cancer
- Support community care givers by accompanying them on home-based care visits
- Live only a stone's throw away from one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World, Victoria Falls
- Spend your free time on safari or enjoying any of amazing adrenaline activities - from bungee jumping to white water rafting!
This volunteer project in Africa involves the very important aspect of contributing to healthcare education the local community, which could often make the difference in saving a life. You will be involved in educating school children, youth and adult groups. You will cover a wide range of topics such as essential HIV education, general hygiene, drugs and alcohol, nutrition and cervical cancer. Education will be conducted with the help of African Impact team members to help translate information into local languages. The presence of volunteers often motivates attendance at education sessions, which also serve as an opportunity for community members to practice their English skills.
SOCIAL SUPPORT AND HOME BASED CARE
A friendly face and listening ear can make all the difference in a patient’s disposition and facilitate their recovery. These volunteer opportunities don’t require any qualification, but simply for you to provide emotional support, smiles and a caring hand. You’ll go out into local communities with the team and, monitor patient health and provide much needed support to patients who are often housebound.
OLD PEOPLE’S HOME
The residents at the Maramba Old People’s Home don’t all have family to care for them and your presence and interaction with them means more than you could imagine. Here you will also assist the caregivers by monitoring the health of the residents, reading to them and playing games.
Your time in the local clinics will provide you with invaluable insight into the healthcare system in Zambia, As a healthcare volunteer, your duties will include supporting clinic staff by helping with administration and pre-clinic checks, assisting with packaging medications ready for dispensing in the pharmacy and weighing babies, which help in freeing up medical staff to treat more patients.
Interested in this; ready to enquire?
Find out more by filling out the form below and clicking send. African Impact should then be in touch shortly to help with your enquiry.