Summer Volunteering in India
iSpiice volunteer program giving you the chance to combine your volunteer activities with travel in India. iSpiice excursions have been hand picked to give our volunteers the opportunity to really discover India and the chance to experience its remarkable landmarks and scenery.
Travel with iSpiice to Agra and visit the magnificent Taj Mahal; to Amritsar and enjoy the tranquillity of the Golden Temple and witness the Wagha border ceremony, and enjoy a trek in the Himalayan mountain range.
Our aim is to bring together people from all around the globe to contribute towards the Indian community that is much in need of such welfare services. We offer numerous volunteer projects and make sure that all our volunteers get to experience a safe and comfortable experience.
Volunteer Projects You Can Choose From
• After school programs or summer camps.
• Childcare Projects.
• Community Health Projects.
• IT Teaching Projects.
• Renovations of local institutions.
• Teaching Projects.
• Women's Empowerment Projects.
• Working with Street Children.
Interested in this; ready to enquire?
Find out more by filling out the form below and clicking send. iSpiice should then be in touch
shortly to help with your enquiry.
More information about this gap year opportunity...
2 weeks £260 Program fee + £130 application fee.
3 weeks £360 Program fee + £130 application fee.
4 weeks £460 Program fee + £130 application fee.
Every extra week only £100
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE COST?
– Pre-departure preparation handbooks about your volunteer placement and an overview on Indian culture.
– Pick up at Delhi airport by an iSpiice staff member at the time of arrival in India.
– One night stay at a hotel in Delhi, on arrival.
– Transfer by bus or train from Delhi to Dharamsala, with an iSpiice staff member.
– Program briefing and Hindi lessons on arrival at the iSpiice house.
– Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner prepared freshly and hygienically by iSpiice’s talented Indian chef. Filtered purified water is also supplied at the volunteer house.
– Accommodation at the iSpiice volunteer house, with separate male and female bedrooms and bathrooms (with hot water and western toilets).
– Daily private car transfers (to and from work placements) by iSpiice’s drivers.
– Morning or Evening yoga classes (in English) by a local yoga instructor, 2 times for two weeks.
– Visit to the local tourist sights – India’s oldest fort, Masroor Stone Temple, Norbulinga Buddhist Monastery and Kangra Tea Gardens.
– Use of iSpiice computer and internet for work preparation and leisure.
– Material required for volunteer work such as teacher’s workbooks, pens, paper and children’s stories – you may wish to bring educational supplies from your home country.
– Assistance with booking a return trip to Delhi, if you are not doing the Taj Mahal tour which includes drop off in Delhi.
– Certificate of service as a reference for your future volunteer programs.
– Friendship from the wonderful iSpiice team, fellow volunteers and the local community.
– 24 hour support from the iSpiice team for all kinds of enquiries, questions and onward travel plans.
– And most importantly – a donation to the community for educational supplies, basic food supplies, school renovation supplies and help iSpiice sponsor local children to get an education.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
– Airfare, travel insurance and Indian visa.
– Spending money for bottled water, snack foods and dining out whilst on weekend excursions.
This placement would suit:
Anyone who would like to support the work of the organisation helping to improve the children’s prospects, who is open minded and adaptable.
Accommodation and Food
Volunteers stay at a shared Volunteer House with the project staff. Accommodation is clean and comfortable with western style toilets, hot running water and access to the internet. We have separate male and female bedrooms and bathrooms – you will most likely be sharing with 2 or 3 other volunteers. 3 meals a day will be provided by a staff chef. From the volunteer house you can see views of the Himalayan peaks, enjoy outside space on the verandas, or take country walks through the Himalayan countryside. During free time volunteers can relax in the large recreational area of the house - listen to music, watch films, and make lesson plans together.
Weekend Add on Tours
Taj Mahal, Himalayan Trekking, Golden Temple and Manali Adventure Trip.