India - Animal Rescue
The centre is home to a range of animals including dogs, cows and donkeys, many of whom have been rescued from the streets of Udaipur. Volunteers will carry out a variety of different roles depending on the needs of the project at the time. Volunteers may be involved in:
- caring for animals after their initial treatments
- cleaning the animal enclosures and preparing food
- bathing, feeding and walking dogs
- assisting the vets and nurses
- helping the local team care for abandoned puppies
- monitoring the animals and helping with their rehabilitation
- work alongside the local team giving physical and hydro-therapy to disabled animals
Volunteers provide hands-on help and care to the many animals on site. There are normally 1-3 volunteers who work with local volunteers and staff at the centre. Volunteers work 5 days a week and have weekends off.
With many of the animals on site requiring daily care and monitoring the additional help from volunteers is vital. The support from volunteers allows the centre to provide an exceptionally high level of care to the animals as well as allowing them to increase their capacity for animals they can rescue and care for.
Interested in this; ready to enquire?
Find out more by filling out the form below and clicking send. Pod Volunteer should then be in touch shortly to help with your enquiry.