Become a Nanny/Au Pair in Australia
If you want to work in Australia, becoming an Au Pair is one of the best ways to; move to Australia, get a guaranteed job in Australia, spend time working with children and take the opportunity to travel and live in Australia for up to 12 months!
As an Au Pair you’ll get to experience what life is really like down under by living with one of our carefully selected Australian host families and caring for their children. The word ‘Au Pair’ means ‘on par’ or equal, which is exactly what you will be – an equal member of your host family in a role similar to a nanny or live in childminder. The Australian Working Holiday Visa will allow you to work with your chosen family for 6 months. Following your placement you can then spend a further 6 months working and travelling in Australia, with the opportunity to work and apply for your second year Australian Working Holiday Visa.
After being accepted onto our programme, we will find you a nanny job in Australia before you leave, by matching you and your skills to a carefully selected host family. These live in jobs ensure at least six months of guaranteed work in Australia and include food, accommodation and a weekly salary of up to $360 AUD.
You must have childcare experience and a passion for working with children. So if you have previously been an Au Pair, teacher, teaching assistant, nursery nurse or childminder – this is your chance to spend up to a year in Australia!
Interested in this; ready to enquire?
Find out more by filling out the form below and clicking send. Au Pair in Australia should then be in touch
shortly to help with your enquiry.
More information about this gap year opportunity...
You will get a weekly salary of up to $360 AUD per week
What you get before you leave
Before you depart you can expect the following benefits…
- A dedicated team to help you through your application process
- A face-to-face interview with one of our team (travel costs NOT included)
- Assistance with your Australian Working Holiday Visa Subclass 417 or 462
- Your profile displayed on our Au Pair in Australia online matching system, so you can be viewed by hundreds of families across the whole of Australia
- Help finding that your perfect host family. Our team will coordinate Skype/telephone interviews, in order to find your ideal match
- Return flight quotes to Australia, including stop-over’s at destinations like Bangkok , LA, and Singapore
- Cancellation Insurance up to the value of €2,500.00
What you get when you arrive
As soon as you arrive into Sydney you can expect the following…
- An airport meet and greet and transfer to your hostel
- 3 night’s stay in a central Sydney hostel. It’s located just a short walk away from our Sydney office. With dormitory style accommodation based on an average of 4-6 sharing, it’s a great opportunity to make some new friends. Plus breakfast is included – yum!
- A 2 day Au Pair orientation telling you everything you need to know about your placement. It’s also a great time to meet other Au Pairs who are in exactly the same position as you!
- 7 months comprehensive medical and baggage insurance, with the option to extend.
- Travel from Sydney to your host families home. Some families will pick you up from the hostel or office, others will pay for your travel expenses and expect you to make your own way there. Either way, you’ll know these travel plans before you depart!
- Free Sydney walking tours every Friday, so you can explore what Sydney has to offer before heading to your host family
- Help setting up a bank account in Australia, so you’re ready to start receiving those pay checks (kerr-ching!)
- An exclusive VIP card, giving you heaps of discounts and special offers
- A free Phone card with a choice of 4 different pre-paid plans
- An Au Pair in Australia handbook that’s chock-a-block full of information about the programme and what to expect
- A weekly salary of up to $360 AUD per week and an end of placement bonus of $500 AUD. That’s about $1,440 AUD per month and over $8,600 for your 6 month placement including your bonus!
- A minimum of one full and one-half day off per week. That’s about 6 days per month and 36 days off during your placement!
- 24-hour emergency assistance throughout your ENTIRE placement including your own dedicated Au Pair Counsellor.