Gap Year Opportunities in the UK
Are you looking for a gap year in the UK where you can make a difference whilst gaining valuable skills and experience? If so, then a Full Time Volunteering placement with Volunteering Matters could be for you!
We are offering the unique opportunity for people aged 18-35 to undertake the challenge of living away from home for 6-12 months while volunteering at one of a wide range of projects helping and supporting people and communities across the UK.
You could be volunteering with people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities or mental health issues, older people, homeless people, families, children or young people. We work with a range of partners include schools, universities, social services departments, homeless hostels and other charities.
You could be carrying out a wide range of activities including:
- Befriending and supporting
- Acting as a mentor
- Enabling access to social and leisure activities
- Helping with personal care
- Assisting with practical tasks such as shopping or cooking
Our volunteers receive:
- Free accommodation
- Subsistence to cover food and day to day expenses
- Travel expenses to and from your project
- Return travel home every four months
- Support and relevant training
- Certificate and reference
You would need to be:
- Able to volunteer for 6-12 months for 35-40 hours per week
- Aged 18-35
- Able to move away from home and volunteer anywhere in the UK
- Willing to be matched to a p[roject where your help is needed most
- Able to provide two suitable references
- A UK, EU, EEA national and applying from the UK
Interested in this; ready to enquire?
Find out more by filling out the form below and clicking send. Volunteering Matters should then be in touch shortly to help with your enquiry.