Get Paid to Teach English Abroad
- A native English speaker from the USA?
- Age 21 and above?
- Seeking to get paid to teach English abroad in Europe, Asia, Latin America or the Middle East?
- Looking to take a professional TEFL certification course?
A job teaching English abroad can be your ticket to living overseas and getting paid to travel the world - even without prior teaching experience!
With an International TEFL Academy TEFL TESOL certification, you will be able to work abroad teaching English while getting paid. After completing our TEFL training certification, you can quickly begin working in major cities throughout the world from Florence to Tokyo to Buenos Aires & beyond.
With nearly 2 billion people learning English worldwide, as a native English speaker you are in high demand to teach in a 100% English immersion classroom and get paid well to live abroad 6 - 12 months at a time.
Who is International TEFL Academy?
We are one of the largest TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification schools in the world training over 3,500 new teachers a year, people just like you. Up to 95% of our students do not have a degree in Education; they simply want to get paid to teach abroad and make a difference while traveling the world. All of our TEFL courses are internationally accredited & are taught by experienced university-level professors. All students & graduates receive lifetime job placement assistance and enjoy exclusive access to our worldwide alumni networks.
How does it work?
- You become TEFL certified in 4 weeks full-time (in-person TEFL classes) or 11 weeks part-time (online TEFL classes). With lifetime job placement assistance, you interview for teaching positions and choose the right school and country. Once you are TEFL certified, your certification and access to job placement assistance are lifetime, so you can use them to teach in as many countries as you wish.
- Click on the link to request a free brochure and speak with an expert admissions advisors to go over all of your options & questions regarding job markets, hiring requirements, TEFL course options and financial matters like salaries & start-up costs. We are happy to speak with you as many times as you need, and our online resource library features hundreds of article, FAQs, testimonials & videos to help learn about all aspects of teaching English abroad.
- You talk with your friends and family, figure out your timeline and come up with the courage to go for it.
Enroll into our TEFL certification class online or at one of our 25 locations worldwide and get trained.
What are the jobs like?
English teaching jobs are typically at private language institutes with students paying private tuition to learn a language by a native English speaker in a 100% English immersion classroom (you don't need to speak another language). Your English language students are typically adults in Europe and Latin America and either children or adults in Asia and the Middle East.
Your day at work: You typically teach 5 classes a day for 45-50 minutes, 5 days a week. There are anywhere from 5 to 50 English teachers at each language school so you will have lots of new friends to make. Most cities will have anywhere from 500 to 5000 other English teachers like you.
Wages: Most industrialized countries you get paid a middle-class wage to support yourself, pay your bills and break even (just like teachers in America), many Asian countries teachers can save 30-50% more than the cost of living which can be up to an extra $12,000 to $15,000 in a year!
Where are some of the best places to teach?
- ASIA: From the tropical climes of Thailand & Vietnam to the dynamic cities of China, Japan & South Korea, there are hundreds of thousands of teaching jobs throughout Asia. In countries like South Korea, English teachers receive free housing and/or free airfare & most English English teachers can save $500 - $12,000 a month after expenses.
- EUROPE: From Spain to Russia, demand for English language instruction is booming. Top job markets include Spain, Italy, Germany, Czech Republic, Turkey & Russia (to name a few!).
- LATIN AMERICA: Top South American job markets include Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Peru & Ecuador. If you seek the tropical splendors of Central America, check out Costa Rica, Nicaragua & Mexico.
- MIDDLE EAST: Persian Gulf destinations like Dubai, Oman & Saudi Arabia offers some of the most lucrative English teaching jobs in the world, while such nations as Jordan, Egypt, Tunisia & Morocco also offer great opportunities to teach while exploring the local culture & history.
Click on our link to request your free brochure
Interested in this; ready to enquire?
Apply now by clicking the button below and filling out the application form on gapyear.com. International TEFL Academy should then be in touch shortly to help with your enquiry.