Teach English in Japan
Do You Want to Teach English in Japan?
- Are you a native English speaker?
- Is your age above 21?
- Do you seek to get paid to teach & English abroad in Japan or elsewhere?
- Are you looking to take a professional TEFL certification course?
With an International TEFL Academy TEFL TESOL certification & lifetime job placement assistance, you will hold an internationally recognized qualification that will enable you to get paid as an English teacher in Japan & in 80 countries worldwide. Offering a cultural experience like no other, Japan represents one of the oldest & largest job markets for teaching English in the world. Many first-time teachers can save up to $500 USD per month or more after expenses.
Who is International TEFL Academy?
We are one of the largest TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification schools in the world training over 3,500 new teachers a year, people just like you. Up to 95% of our students do not have a degree in Education, they simply want to get paid to teach abroad and make a difference while traveling the world. All of our TEFL courses & internationally accredited & are taught by experienced university-level professors. All graduates receive lifetime worldwide job placement assistance & access to exclusive networks of more than 10,000 alumni teaching in 80 countries worldwide.
How does it work?
You become TEFL certified in 4 weeks full-time (in-person TEFL classes) or 11 weeks part-time (online TEFL classes). With lifetime job placement assistance, you interview for teaching positions and choose the right school and country. Once you are TEFL certified, your certification and access to job placement assistance are lifetime so you can use them to teach in as many countries as you wish.
What Kind of Job Market is there for Teaching English in Japan
Most English teachers teach 20-30 hours a week in a private language school, a public school + an additional 8-10 hours a week lesson planning. Some teachers also work as private tutors.
You don't need a degree in education or prior professional teaching experience, but TEFL certification is required to provide you with the skills & qualification you need to get hired as an English teacher in Japan & up to 80 countries worldwide.
A typical first-time English teacher in Japan can save up to $500 USD per month or more after expenses. Standard benefits include health insurance and some paid vacation; some jobs may also offer a stipend for housing and/or a stipend for airfare.
TEFL Certification Options for Teaching English in Japan
Online TEFL Classes
- 11-13 weeks part-time (8-12 hours a week) - this course is designed to accommodate students who are working or going to school full-time.
- Fully accredited at Level 5 (identical to in-person classes such as CELTA) and it taught by university professors; it also includes 20 hours of practicum (live practice teaching
- Class tuition is $1395 USD, including lifetime job search guidance
In-Person TEFL Classes in 25 locations worldwide
- ITA offers in-person 4-week classes in 25 locations worldwide, including in the U.S., Europe, Latin America & Asia
- Students receive job placement on the ground to gain employment after their course, in addition to worldwide lifetime job search guidance
Tuition varies by class & varies from approximately $1500USD
Lifetime Job Placement Assistance Services, Including:
- Expert advice & guidance from experienced advisors in areas like resume & cover letter development, visas, & documents
- Access to live and recorded webinars on all aspects of theTEFL job search process, including job market tutorials for specific regions & countries
- 400-page Job Search Guidance Manual & our library of country-specific ebooks & “How to Get a Job” guides
Access to contact information more than 20,000 schools & language institutes worldwide in addition to hundreds of ESL job boards & top international recruiters
How can you learn more & get started?
Click on our link to request your free brochure; you will receive a free brochure and speak with an expert admissions advisors to go over all of your options & questions regarding job markets, hiring requirements, TEFL course options and financial matters like salaries & start-up costs. We are happy to speak with you as many times as you need, and our online resource library features hundreds of article, FAQs, testimonials & videos to help learn about all aspects of teaching English abroad.
Interested in this; ready to enquire?
Apply now by clicking the button below and filling out the application form on gapyear.com. International TEFL Academy should then be in touch shortly to help with your enquiry.