Trip price is split into two components: £1375 plus US$750 local payment (paid direct to your Tour Leader when you join the trip).
From the opportunity to trek to the majestic Gorillas to the wildlife on offer in the Maasai Mara, as well as the chance to experience the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater, you will captivated by the marvels of the animal kingdom. Finish your East Africa overland tour by relaxing on the sandy beaches and the blue waters of Zanzibar!
Please note that our itineraries are not set in stone and can be subject to change.
Days 1 to 4
- Depart Nairobi – cross the Equator and drive down into The Great Rift Valley.
- Lake Naivasha & Elsamere – the home of Joy Adamson & Elsa the lion, of Born Free fame, as well as cream teas!
- Visit either Crater Lake Game Sanctuary or Hells Gate National Park (hire mountain bikes or walk through – the only park in Kenya where this is permitted).
- Lake Nakuru National Park – including game drives to spot lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino, giraffe, zebra, gazelle & flamingo.
Days 5 to 10
- Jinja – the source of the Nile, whitewater rafting, quad biking or visit a local education project.
- Kampala – take a city tour of Uganda’s Capital
- Lake Bunyonyi – a chance to see a school for orphans or a pygmy village
- Mountain Gorilla trek – Optional trek to see these amazing creatures, the closest species related to man.
Days 11 to 13
- Musanze, a small friendly Rwandan town
- Kigali Genocide Memorial.
Days 14 to 19
- Southern shores of Lake Victoria-bustling lively towns of Mwanza or Musoma
- Maasai Mara safari – 2 game drives in this famous national park.
- Nairobi – Get up close and personal to some of nature’s graceful giants when we visit a Giraffe Centre. There is also the option to visit the Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage.
Days 21 to 28
- Depart Nairobi & cross the Athi Plains
- Arusha – our base for the next few days.
- Ngorongoro Crater Reserve – take a jeep safari into the crater to spot lion, zebra, elephant, hippos, flamingos & gazelle
- Serengeti National Park – continue on to see lion, cheetah & leopard, wildebeest, giraffe, and elephant, along with various species of gazelle and antelope.
- Maasai Village walk – an option back at our campsite in Arusha.
- Marangu – Foothills of Mount Kilimanjaro – you have the opportunity to hike up to Base camp, or walk through the pleasant surroundings visiting waterfalls and rivers in the area.
- Dar Es Salaam.
Days 29 to 32
Zanzibar Island – The original and mystical ‘spice’ island. Take a tour of Stone Town, learn about the various spices, then venture to the north of the island for a few days. Swim with dolphins, sunbathe on amazing white sandy beaches, indulge in various water sports including snorkelling and scuba diving.
- Dar es Salaam