Our Grand Traverse trip launches from the City of Sails (Auckland) and takes in the country’s finest natural highs as you head south. You get to enjoy amazing natural wonders, fantastic hike and cycle options and stunning accommodation by lakes, mountains, beaches and forest. You will see a diverse set of landscapes from white sand beaches and dramatic Fiords to thermal geysers and towering forests.
If you’re keen to tackle some of New Zealand’s great walks, the Grand Traverse won’t let you down! Traversing New Zealand’s greatest one day hike, the Tongariro Crossing as well as the Routeburn Track taking in dramatic vistas of Fiordland National Park are a must do! .
Perfect if you don’t have time for the Ultimate Explorer, this trip, in 15 days will provide you with a journey of grand experiences that you’ll never forget! Finish up in Queenstown, ready to either relax or combat those personal challenges, maybe a bungy or a skydive – Regardless of what you do, you’ll leave New Zealand on a high!
Finishes: Queenstown – but contact us if it doesn’t quite fit – we are flexible!
Groups: 28 people max
Duration: 15 days
Fitness Level: all levels
Accommodation & Food
Camping in commerical and department of conservation camps. Most nights you can upgrade to a cabin for a small fee. Tasty and healthy meals 3 times a day most days (check itinerary). Snacks and hot and cold drinks are sometimes included.
• All travel
• Side trips to remote areas & walking tracks
• Sports equipment on board
• Food & drinks
• Camp fees
• Amazing memories and plenty more
• Yes, you can start at any point, get off at any point for extended breaks and join the next bus passing through
• Optional activities aren’t included but we get good discounts and theres always free alternatives with sports gear on board
• Our average group size is around 26
• Cabin upgrades available most nights for a small fee