Trip price is split into two components: £1295 plus US$630 local payment (paid direct to your Tour Leader when you join the trip).
Get beyond the headlines and challenge your perceptions by travelling through Iran, and finding out for yourself what this remarkable country is really like. Once listed as a key member of the ‘Axis of Evil’, you’ll find that this label couldn’t be further from the truth as you encounter friendly locals, a diverse and long history, a unique and varied culture, lively and cosmopolitan cities, and vast, stunning landscapes that range from arid desert to rugged mountains, with dense forests and snow-capped peaks as we reach the Caucus states of Armenia and Georgia.
Beginning in Turkmenistan in Central Asia this trip covers four countries in just twenty-four days, ending in the Georgian capital of Tbilisi. Starting in the heart of Asia you will feel as if you have almost returned to Europe.
Please note that our itineraries are not set in stone and can be subject to change.
- Ashgabat – Arrive and transfer from the airport to the hotel.
Days 2 to 16
- Mashhad – home to the stunning Imam Reza Mosque
- Dasht e Kavir Desert – in search of the Asiatic Cheetah
- Shiraz & Yazd
- Persepolis – ancient ruins partly destroyed by Alexander the Great
- Esfahan – explore this historic and beautiful city
- Tabriz – explore the 35km labyrinthine bazaar and the Blue (Kabud) Mosque
Days 17 to 20
- Yerevan – World-famous brandy distillery
- Savanavank – monastery on the shores of Lake Sevan
Days 21 to 24
- Telavi – ancient wine-growing region