Jump on the Stray bus and go on the ultimate road trip of New Zealand! Stray is the award-winning, flexible bus network designed for adventurous travellers, who are looking for something a bit different. The Everywhere Pass takes you from the very top of New Zealand to the very bottom and is totally flexible so you can hop on or off the bus anywhere you want along the way – to stay longer, visit friends or even work for a while.
- Visit Hahei beach and hike to the famous Cathedral Cove (*Strademark Place).
- Dig your own spa pool in the sand at Hot Water Beach.
- (Summer only) Climb Mount Maunganui and look out over the golden sand beaches
- Stay at the base of Aoraki/Mount Cook, and do one of the many stunning walks in the area.
- Go white water rafting or horse riding in Rangitata, home of ‘Lord of the Rings’ filming spots.
- Stay the night in Christchurch, and enjoy the vibrant, artsy, post earthquake culture.
‘Strademark’ Places are the places you’re less likely to find in the guide book but the ones you’ll be talking about long after the adventure has ended. Our mission is to get you off the beaten track amongst authentic local culture and our experienced crew has chosen some incredible destinations so you can see more and do more!
- All transport on our comfortable, private buses.
- Stray bus Driver-Guide, who comes with expert local knowledge, invaluable insight and the odd story or two!
- You won’t just go from A-B, you will experience great stops and inclusions en route, like taking a walk to a secret waterfall, or stopping to observe a colony of seal pups bathing on the beach!
- Reserved Accommodation – Have a bed reserved for you at every Stray overnight stop which is ideal, particularly during peak season!
- Pay as you go for accommodation and activities on our Stray Mate app.
- Your pass is valid for up to a year and you can re-travel most sectors (T’s & C’s apply).
Activities and Accommodation are not included in the pass price allowing you the flexibility to do only the things you are interested in, choose accommodation that suits your budget and hop off along the way.