If your starting in the snow capped regions of the South this is the perfect way to experience the best of both islands. Start in Queenstown or Christchurch and head along a route voted by Lonely Planet as one of the top 10 drives in the World. Enjoy the Abel Tasman and some great bush camping before heading to the thermal north where hot beaches and warm water wait – perfect for trying out our free bodyboards!
Soak up the best of Kiwi on this great journey from South to North. This trip takes in some of the most diverse and dramatic scenery in the World. You will visit the best National Parks, exploring glaciers, fiords, golden beaches, turquoise waters, rugged coastlines and dramatic mountain formations. Add in a superb selection of activities, hikes and bike rides and you have the perfect recipe for the trip of a lifetime.
Departs: Queenstown or Christchurch. The trip from Christchurch takes one day longer
Finishes: Auckland – but contact us if it doesn’t quite fit – we are flexible!
Groups: 28 people max
Duration: 14 or 15 days
Fitness Level: all levels
Accommodation & Food
Camping in commerical and department of conservation camps. Most nights you can upgrade to a cabin for a small fee. Tasty and healthy meals 3 times a day most days (check itinerary). Snacks and hot and cold drinks are sometimes included.
- All travel
- Side trips to remote areas & walking tracks
- Sports equipment on board
- Food & drinks
- Camp fees
- Amazing memories and plenty more
- Yes, you can start at any point, get off at any point for extended breaks and join the next bus passing through
- Optional activities aren’t included but we get good discounts and theres always free alternatives with sports gear on board
- Our average group size is around 26
- Cabin upgrades available most nights for a small fee