Trip price is split into two components: £1895 plus US$950 local payment (paid direct to your Tour Leader when you join the trip).
You can also do this trip in reverse, from Rio to Santiago.
(Please note that our itineraries are not set in stone and can be subject to change).
Days 1 to 7
• Pucon – Chile’s Lake District, our base for the next few days, from where it is possible to organise white water rafting, skiing, horse riding and hikes.
• Villarrica Volcano – there is the option to climb this active volcano.
• Andes mountain range
• Bariloche – popular holiday destination for Argentineans and a top ski resort with great hiking trails and nightlife.
Days 8 to 14
• Camino Austral – (Weather Permitting) – incredible drive past spiralling volcanoes, glaciers & fjords.
• Los Glaciares National Park – the largest glacier in the world and an option to take a guided glacier hike on one!
• Moreno Glacier – take a boat ride up close to this almost 200ft high glacier.
• Torres del Paine National Park – another area of outstanding beauty where huge granite cliffs dominate the landscape.
Days 15 to 22
• Tierra del Fuego – an island on the southern tip of the continent – spectacular scenery and seagoing boat trips.
• Ushuaia – most southerly town on earth you are ever likely to travel to.
• Patagonia – vast, sparsely populated treeless plateau.
• Atlantic Marine sanctuaries – spot penguins, sea lions, sea elephants, birds & whales (season dependent).
• Puerto Madryn – this Welsh settlement is the gateway to Valdes Peninsula, where Penguins, Sea Lions, Birds & Whales can be seen – Orcas have been known to beach themselves here to catch Sea Lions (season dependent).
Days 23 to 31
• Buenos Aires – a smart cosmopolitan city with plenty to do; museums, horse racing, football matches, shopping, tango dancing & restaurants that serve the best steaks in the world.
• San Ignacio – 400yr old Jesuit Missions.
• Optional 2 hr ferry across the River Plate for a 1 or 2 day visit to the buzzing capital Montevideo & the quieter town of Colonia.
Days 32 to 36
• Iguazu Falls – optional activities include boat trips, helicopter flights and mountain biking – we visit the falls from both the Argentine & Brazilian sides.
Days 37 to 44
• Bonito – swim & snorkel in crystal clear river and lakes as well as hike into lush forests to look for monkeys, alligators & anaconda.
• Pantanal – organise treks out into the vast wetlands, home to hundreds of species of birds & fish, including Piranha!
Days 45 to 51
• Parati – laid back historic coastal village, explore the secluded islands by taking a sailing trip in a traditional schooner.
• Rio de Janeiro – where folk are raring to party out of their minds and live purely for the moment – Carnival & New Years Eve celebrations are always chaotic, crowded and great fun
Travel is in our fully equipped expedition truck and we use a mixture of camp sites and budget hotels. Each day is different – sometimes we may spend a few days driving from one place to the next, sometimes we spend 2 or 3 days in one place eg Iguazu Falls, so you have time to white water raft, horse-ride, mountain bike etc! All these kinds of activities are optional.
We provide cooking equipment, eating utensils and tents, all you need is your sleeping gear and personal stuff. The Oasis truck is fitted with comfortable coach seats and sliding windows so you can take plenty of photos! Everyone in the group mucks in with shopping for food at local markets and stores, cooking over the camp stove and cleaning the truck. The trip is led by two Oasis crew all the way, a tour leader and driver and they’ll help you get the most out of your trip. Don’t worry about joining the trip on your own – many do and you’ll soon find you have friends for life!
For up to date information about the itinerary, visas, vaccinations, spending money, optional excursions and other useful information, give us a call, drop us a line or have a look at our website.