Trip price is split into two components: £1685 plus US$990 local payment (paid direct to your Tour Leader when you join the trip).
Experience stunning scenery, vibrant cities and abundant wildlife on this overland journey from Cape Town to Victoria Falls. View the big five in some of Southern Africa’s most renowned national parks, including Addo, Kruger, Matobo and Hwange. Take in swathes of deserted beaches, dense forests and seaside towns in South Africa. Travel through the mountainous kingdoms of Lesotho and Swaziland, trek the wilderness areas of Chimanimani, explore the ancient city of Great Zimbabwe, visit private game reserves and what better way to finish the trip than the adventure and adrenaline mecca of Victoria Falls.
Please note that our itineraries are not set in stone and can be subject to change.
Days 1 to 3
- Cape Town
- Cape Agulhas – Africa’s most southerly point
- Hermanus/Gansbaai – spot Southern Right, Humpback whales, (Aug – Dec) and Great White sharks
Days 4 to 7
- Little Karoo
- Cango Calcite Caves
- Ostrich farm – learn more about the world’s largest bird
- Garden Route
- Tsitsikamma Forest – mountain biking, ziplining, and the world’s highest bungy jump
- Addo Elephant Nat. Park – the BIG 5 – lion, rhino, elephant, leopard, buffalo
Days 8 to 10
- Wild Coast – deserted beaches and awesome scenery
- Aliwal North Hot Springs
Days 11 to 13
- Malealea Lodge – waterfalls, cool rock pools ideal for swimming, pony trekking and peaceful hikes in the surrounding hills
- Thabo Bosiu or Mt. Moorosi (time & weather permitting)
Days 14 to 16
- Drakensburg Mountains – a UNESCO world heritage site for their outstanding natural beauty.
- Royal Natal National Park-great hiking and landscapes
- Johannesburg – tour down a Goldmine at Gold Reef City, visit Soweto and the former home of Nelson Mandela, local shabeens (bars) or the Apartheid Museum
Days 18 to 20
- Mbabane – capital of this mountainous kingdom
- Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary
Days 21 to 23
- Kruger National Park – game drives in overland truck
- Hot Springs of Tshipise – swim in the naturally hot swimming pools
Days 24 to 26
- Limpopo -overnight on banks of Limpopo River and wildlife drive through bushveld. Lots of elephants here May-Oct
- Eastern Highlands – Chimanimani National Park – an opportunity to hike through this vast mountain wilderness area bordering Mozambique or visit Bridal Veil falls, enjoy the surrounding scenery from this sleepy village
Days 27 to 31
- Great Zimbabwe Ruins – this ancient ruined city, is the largest stone structure ever built south of the Sahara and is where the name ‘Zimbabwe’ comes from-‘houses of stone’
- We visit a privately run game reserve, where you can go game viewing on horse back, amongst other activities – makes for a very different experience!
- Matobo National Park – a safari with a difference! Allowing you to game walk to get up close and see the elusive Black Rhino
- Cecil Rhodes’ Grave & Ancient Rock Paintings
Days 32 to 35
- Hwange National Park – game drive and guided walking safari in search of large elephant herds. Also visit to a Wild Dog Sanctuary
- Victoria Falls – view these spectacular falls from Zimbabwe or Zambia, and try your hand at grade 5 whitewater rafting, and kayaking trips. Something for all – Flight of Angels (microlite or helicopter), sunset cruises, gorge swing, abseil, bungy jump, jet boating and more! – Adrenaline Heaven