Travel with Stray Asia for an true adventure through Cambodia and Vietnam that includes all the ‘must do’ hot spots along with some more adventurous ‘off the beaten track’ destinations. Stray’s Hop-on Hop-off travel network allows you to explore Asia at your own pace, meet fun people along the way, learn from a knowledgeable local guide and choose the activities you want to do.
In Cambodia you’ll explore the awe inspiring UNESCO World Heritage Angkor temples, uncover history at the Killing Fields and S21 Prison, sample Cambodian delicacies, check out the beautiful Cambodian beaches and get to know the friendly locals in a remote village homestay experience.
In Vietnam, experience bustling Ho Chi Minh City before venturing to the cool French town of Da Lat, explore the picturesque towns of Hue and Hoi-An, take a boat trip through Trang An Grottoes, a set of spectacular caves nestled in the forest, explore Phong Nha National Park and get swept up in the energy of Hanoi, Vietnam’s capital city.
Highlights along the way:
- Explore World Heritage site, Angkor’s impressive network of temples and ruins.
- Experience traditional Cambodian community life in a unique village homestay (*Strademark Place)
- Explore the beaches and tropical islands around Sihanoukville.
- Cycle through countryside past the pepper and salt farms and trek through Bokor National Park, known for its unique wildlife and eerie long abandoned hotel and casino in Kampot.
- Learn about Cambodia’s history at Phom Penh’s S21 Prison and Killing Fields.
- Visit Ho Chi Minh’s Cu Chu tunnels. With its trapdoors, hospitals and weapon factories, this impressive and expansive complex of underground tunnels were utilised during the war.
- Sign up to go abseiling over waterfalls, in a high-energy canyoning adventure in Da Lat.
- Learn to paddle a traditional round boat, swim and relax in the secluded fishing village of Bai Xep (*Strademark Place).
- Explore Hoi An, the UNESCO World Heritage town where you can opt join a motorbike tour, go scuba diving and enjoy a host of funky bars and restaurants.
- Take a boat trip to the caves of the Trang An Grottoes.
- Explore impressive caves of Phong Na including Thien Duong Cave, one of the worlds largest caves with limestone formations and glistening stalagmites(*Strademark Place).
‘Strademark’ Places are the places you’re less likely to find in the guide book but the ones you’ll be talking about long after the adventure has ended. Our mission is to get you off the beaten track and our experienced crew has chosen some incredible places for our travel route, so you can get amongst local culture and explore some truly remote destinations.
- Travel flexibility – pass is valid for up to 12 months from first day of travel, with a minimum of 2 departures per week available year round.
- A local Guide to provide support, local insights and to help book accommodation and activities on your behalf.
- All transport – whether it be bus (comfortable, and air conditioned private charter bus), boat, train or even tuk-tuk!
- S21 Prison entrance fees.
- Phnom Penh killing fields entrance fees.
- Datanla Waterfall entrance fees.
- My Lai Memorial entrance fees.
- Vinh Moc Tunnels entrance fees.
- Thien Duong Cave entrance fees.
- Boat trip to Trang An Grottoes.
- Guided city walking tour of Hanoi.
The cost of your accommodation and optional activities are not included with your Hop on Hop off Travel Pass. You can book these through your driver on a pay-as-you go basis.
Alternatively upgrade to a Flexi Tour and you will get all the great benefits of a hop-on hop-off travel pass along with accommodation and a seleciton of top-rated activities included in the price. You can relax and enjoy hassle-free organized travel knowing you’ll be making the very most out of your time Asia.