Jump onboard Stray Asia for an adventure through Northern Thailand, Laos and Cambodia that includes all the ‘must do’ hot spots along with some more adventurous ‘off the beaten track’ destinations. Stray’s Hop-on Hop-off network allows you to explore Asia at your own pace, meet fun people along the way, learn from a knowledgeable local guide and choose the activities you want to do.
Travel north of Bangkok through lush landscapes and ancient temples of Northern Thailand towards Laos. The mountain ranges, rich culture and cheeky wildlife of Laos will excite and inspire before continuing on to Cambodia.
In Cambodia you’ll have the chance to visit the iconic Angkor Wat, experience community life in a remote village homestay, uncover history at the Killing Fields and S21 Prison, try local cuisine and chill out on the beautiful beaches in the south before returning to Bangkok.
Highlights along the way:
- Explore UNESCO World Heritage temple ruins in Ayutthaya.
- Explore Chiang Mai – known as Thailand’s ‘Capital of Cool’.
- Take a slow boat down the Mekong River and let all your worries drift away as you take in the tranquil, riverside scenery.
- Experience village life, attend a traditional Baci (welcoming) ceremony and stay in a remote village along the Mekong River (*Strademark Place).
- Swim in the picturesque Kuang Si Waterfall in the UNESCO World Heritage town of Luang Prabang.
- Learn the complete process of cultivating and harvesting rice at the Living Land Farm, where you’ll also meet a water buffalo!
- Go caving, mountain biking, tubing and swimming in Vang Vieng.
- Visit the Cope Centre in Vientiane and learn about the Secret War on Laos.
- Take a boat ride through the huge caves of Kong Lor (*Strademark Place).
- Xe Champhone wetlands is that remote that sometimes our Stray buses can’t even access it and we have to jump on-board an off road truck just to get there. It’s one of the best places to see wildlife in their natural environment. Meet the rhesus macaque monkeys of the sacred Monkey Forest and see Asiatic Softshell Turtles in Turtle Lake (*Strademark Place).
- Don Det is an iconic Stray stop at the southernmost part of Laos. These landlocked islands (otherwise known as 4000 Islands) provides the perfect spot to kick back during the day and then party the night away (*Strademark Place).
- Explore a network of temples and ancient ruins in Siem Reap.
- Immerse yourself in real Cambodian village life when we stay in a rural village 20mins from Battambang (*Strademark Place).
- Relax on the beaches of Cambodia or head out to the tropical islands just off Sihanoukville.
- Learn about Cambodia’s history at the S21 Prison and Killing Fields.
* Strademark Places
Strademark’ Places are the places you’re less likely to find in the guide book but the ones you’ll be talking about long after the adventure has ended. Our mission is to get you off the beaten track amongst authentic local culture and our experienced crew has chosen some incredible destinations so you can see more and do more!
- Travel flexibility – pass is valid for up to 12 months from first day of travel.
- A local Guide to provide support, local insights and to help book accommodation and activities on your behalf.
- All transport – whether it be bus (comfortable, and air conditioned private charter bus), boat, train or even tuk-tuk!
- Ayutthaya Temples entrance fee.
- White Temple entrance fee.
- Pak Ou Caves entrance fee.
- Tham Jang Cave entrance fee.
- Wat Prabat Phonsone entrance fee.
- Old Wat Taleow.
- Turtle Lake entry donation.
- Tad Ngeuang Waterfall.
- Wat Phou Temple entrance fee.
- S21 Prison entrance fee.
- Phnom Penh Killing Fields.
The cost of your accommodation and optional activities are not included with your Hop on Hop off Travel Pass. You can book these through your driver on a pay-as-you go basis.
Alternatively upgrade to a Flexi Tour and you will get all the great benefits of a hop-on hop-off travel pass along with accommodation and a seleciton of top-rated activities included in the price. You can relax and enjoy hassle-free organized travel knowing you’ll be making the very most out of your time Asia.