Jump onboard Stray Asia for an true adventure through Vietnam that includes ‘must do’ hot spots along with some more adventurous ‘off the beaten track’ destinations. You’ll travel on Stray’s Hop-on Hop-off network which allows you to explore at your own pace, meet fun people and travel with a knowledgeable local guide. You can complete the tour in 14days or spend up to a year travelling!
Discover Vietnam’s bustling cities of activity, sleepy seaside villages and mountain towns. Experience the culture by visiting intricately decorated temples, shop at busy local markets and sip on cocktails in the company of the setting sun and awesome new friends. Caves, National Parks, rice paddies, and white sand beaches await!
Highlights along the way:
- Explore the pockets of local life within the sprawling metropolis that is Ho Chi Minh City
- Wind up into the cool highlands of Da Lat, visit the Datanla Waterfall, take a motorcycle tour of the local area and sample locally grown wine and coffee.
- Relax in Bai Xep, a peaceful fishing village where you can swim, learn to paddle a traditional round boat and discover hidden waterfalls (*Strademark Place).
- Visit Hoi An, the UNESCO World Heritage town, that comes to life at night with its host of funky bars and restaurants. A river boat cruise is included so you can observe a slice of rural life and you cruise down the river to where it meets the sea.
- Take a motorbike tour of Hue to see the intricate Citadel and Forbidden Purple City, the former home of Vietnam’s emperors.
- Visit the spectacular rural area of Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, a World Heritage site with an expansive network of caves, jungle, and rivers (* Strademark Place).
- Explore the caves of the Trang An Grottoes by boat, near Ninh Binh (* Strademark Place).
- Discover a diverse juxtaposition of East and West, old Asia and new in a tangled web of busy streets buzzing with masses of motorbikes in the capital Hanoi.
* Strademark Places
‘Strademark’ Places are the places you’re less likely to find in the guide book but the ones you’ll be talking about long after the adventure has ended. Our mission is to get you off the beaten track amongst authentic local culture and our experienced crew has chosen some incredible destinations so you can see more and do more!
All transport: You’ll travel in comfortable and air conditioned private charter buses.
Accommodation: 13 nights’ accommodation is included in a variety of comfortable hotels, hostels and guesthouses. If you choose to hop off you will need to book additional accommodation yourself.
Tour Leader: An English-speaking, local Vietnamese Guide will introduce you to Vietnamese culture, food, provide commentary, support and local insider tips and advice.
Ultimate travel flexibility: Your flexi tour is valid for up to 12 months from first day of travel and you can hop-on and off as much as you like.
Meals: Some meals as included in the itinerary.
Top-Rated, Included Activities:
- Datanla Waterfall entrance fees, Da Lat
- Full day motorcycle city tour, Da Lat
- My Lai Memorial entrance fees, near Hoi An
- River boat cruise, Hoi An
- Vinh Moc Tunnels entrance fees, near Dong Hoi
- Thien Duong (Paradise) Cave entrance fees, Phong Nha
- Motorbike tour of Hue
- Boat trip to the Trang An Grottoes
- Guided city walking tour of Hanoi