This is a 26 week program which offers the chance to earn a TEFL qualification, learn mandarin and get a monthly allowance by teaching English in a Chinese school.
Before you head to China, you will complete the online component of your TEFL (included in the price). Once in China, you start in Beijing with a group of like-minded participants and tour some of the great sites of the city – including the iconic Great Wall of China. The group will then complete a 10 day teaching course with real life classroom experience. During this time, you will be enrolled in Mandarin lessons. There is also the opportunity to take tai chi lessons and try your hand at calligraphy.
Following the completion of your course, you will then begin your 4-5 month job as an intern teacher. There are positions in kindergarten/ pre-school, primary and secondary schools and we always try to meet your preferences. There is a completion bonus and higher allowance for those completing the full internship contract.
- Pre-departure support from Oyster
- Gain a TEFL qualification
- Professional training and support throughout.
- Enjoy local culture through mandarin lessons, tai chi and caligraphy lessons
- Earn a monthly allowance
- Meet like minded friends for life
- Included within your 10 days training, there will be an induction to prepare you for living and working in this amazing country
- Tourist highlights include a trip to the Great Wall, Ming Tombs and the Bird’s Nest Olympic Stadium
Who does this suit?
A fantastic opportunity for those ambitious and adventurous individuals who will be able to gain lots of experience in teaching English as a foreign language abroad. If want to learn a new language and are passionate about working with children then this is the program for you. You will be more than just a tourist as you fully immerse yourself in Chinese culture. You must be over 18 and be a native English speaker. No prior experience of teaching is necessary.
Accommodation and food is included. You will live in an apartment at your school with other people taking the same program and eat meals provided through the campus. Comfortable accommodation with a TV, kitchen facilities and shared bathroom.