African Impact’s plastic and environmental sustainability initiative is working to reduce the impact of plastic and waste on people, the environment, and wildlife in Africa. Across two locations in South Africa and Zambia, we are connecting fiercely passionate international volunteers and interns with driven, motivated local communities, who are then able to work together to solve one of our planet’s most pressing issues; plastic and waste.
WHAT DOES THIS PROJECT INVOLVE?
The project, just a stone’s throw away from the magnificent Victoria Falls, is a world-first and has won multiple awards for innovation and excellence. This unique, hands-on opportunity focuses on the prevention of waste in the region, direct clean-up action, and explores creative opportunities for reusing, repurposing and recycling plastics. With a particular emphasis on ecobricking and opportunities for recycling plastic, volunteers will work closely with local communities to help clean-up this stunning area of Zambia, and use plastic bottles and discarded rubbish to create bricks that can be used to build vital structures.
- Help reduce waste and the impact of plastic by creating ecobricks that can then be used to build sustainable structures for the local community. If you’re up for it, you can help build!
- Be on the frontline of locally-grown solutions that reuse and recycle waste, as well as propose alternative waste management solutions that avoid litter being dumped in the streets
- Build awareness of plastic pollution in the villages surrounding Livingstone by educating adults and children on the issue of waste and its impact on health, wildlife and the wider environment
- Get involved in plastic and waste clean-ups in and around the town of Livingstone, including collecting trash from the rivers that feed the Zambezi River and the magnificent Victoria Falls
- Live and work near one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, the majestic Victoria Falls and enjoy some of the amazing tourist activities that Livingstone has to offer, including bungee-jumping
Please enquire for the full brochure.
Looking forward to seeing you in Zambia and having you join the movement!