Spending your Gap Year in Nepal would be an absolutely incredible experience as you’ll get to volunteer and make a difference, know about the country’s culture & heritage, explore the ancient temples and relics of Buddhism as well as the National Parks and the mountain trails. Nepal is also famous among the adventure junkies for the different types of activities that are offered here, including bungee jumping and river rafting.
- 6 Affordable Programs in Kathmandu, Nepal are available throughout the year
- Minimum age to join a program is 16 years and above
- Programs are available for a minimum of 1 week to maximum 24 weeks
- Perfectly customization options for students joining in groups
- Immense international work exposure and first-hand learning experience
- Volunteering opportunities to make a meaningful difference in the lives of the underprivileged ones
- Opportunity to work with little children and shower them with utmost love and care
- Learn more about the Nepalese culture, festivals, and cuisines
- Explore the Himalayan trails and witness the beauty of the snow-capped mountains
- Experience the wildlife adventure on your trip to the Chitwan National Park – a UNESCO Heritage Site
- Certificate of Completion after the program ends
Nepal, being a favorite destination of travelers from across the world, has numerous things to do and places to visit that one will surely fall short of time. For those who are looking for a perfect summer break or gap year program where they can work and travel, the Nepal Summer Volunteering Program will be a perfect choice. Volunteers usually work from Monday to Friday and can make the most of their weekends, exploring Kathmandu and other nearby places or go for some real adventure!
Volunteering Solutions will ensure that you get to experience the best that the country has in store for you and can contribute effectively towards change. The following are the most popular programs in Nepal that you can opt for:
Medical Internship Program – It would be the perfect way to gain first-hand work experience while shadowing the professionals in public hospitals and clinics. Medical & nursing students will also get to know more about the Healthcare scenario of the country and how the entire system works. It’ll be beneficial for your career as well.
Summer Volunteering Program – This program is meant for all those adventurous souls looking to make a difference through some meaningful contribution. As a volunteer, you’ll work for the different social welfare programs to help improve conditions of people living in the underprivileged section of the Nepalese community. The project will offer you with all the best things that the country has to offer – from its culture, history, cuisine, shopping, religion, adventure and a lot more – in just a span of 3 weeks!
2 Weeks Special Program – This program is exclusively designed for those who want to experience the local culture and customs and contribute by engaging themselves in the Childcare and Teaching Programs, in just 2 weeks. Volunteers will also get to travel to Pokhara – the land of natural beauty, Bhaktapur – the town of temples, and also enjoy the mesmerizing sunset at Nagarkot.
Teaching Program – Volunteers participating in the Teaching program in Nepal will be conducting English classes at local Nepalese public or private schools, where the staff is inadequate and the students need proper guidance. To say the least, you’ll get to be a role model for these little ones.