Background and Overview
African Impact’s initiative, The Girl Impact, believe in leading social transformation through programs that empower girls in Africa. Their goal is to see young women and better informed young men, working together to close the gender equality gap that still exists in many African countries.
As a volunteer, you will support the Girl Impact initiative in Zambia, where young girls are faced with social isolation, high rates of gender-based violence, economic vulnerability, and lack of appropriate health services. We work to give girls a better start to womanhood and ensure the boys and men in their community see the value of healthy, educated and empowered women.
- Make a positive impact in the lives of adolescent girls – support them in their education and provide vital knowledge on health, safety, early pregnancy, income generation and self-confidence
- Get an opportunity to work in maternal health, with a focus on puberty
- Work within schools and be part of a program that changes lives for women in Zambia
- Be involved and help lead open discussions to help change attitudes in the community
- Encourage young adults to grow business skills that can help them generate an income
- Be part of a Youth Clinic and Anti Bullying workshop for girls and boys
- Immerse yourself in local Zambian culture, experiencing an authentic way of travel
- Visit the majestic Victoria Falls – one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World – and enjoy some of the amazing tourist activities that this area has to offer