Where and when you’ll volunteer
Are you looking for meaningful childcare volunteer work? Join International Volunteer HQ, the world’s leading volunteer travel organisation, and support the childcare project in Costa Rica.
- Located in Costa Rica’s capital of San Jose. Childcare placements are in and around the city, allowing you to soak up the Spanish colonial buildings and traditional culture.
- Runs year-round
- Starts every Monday
What you can expect
On the Childcare project, your ain is to provide individual attention and assistance to children from difficult backgrounds in San Jose. Many of these children do not receive the level of education they deserve, and you will play an important role in working alongside local staff to improve the educational, emotional, and hygiene conditions of the children. You will work in community centers, day-care centers, schools, soup kitchens, and kindergartens. Your work varies, but generally consists of providing individual attention and affection to the children, organising games and activities, educating children in regards to hygiene and assisting with homework.
Why you should volunteer with us:
- Trusted by over 80,000 volunteers since 2007 – we are the world’s largest network of volunteer travelers
- Our outstanding safety systems and track record set us apart – we are the world’s safest organisation
- Program fees start from as low as $180 with a rating of 95/100 on independent review sites
- 40+ destinations, 200+ projects available year-round
- We have over 10 years experience and place over 18,000 volunteers abroad every year – that’s more than any other organisation