Where and when you’ll volunteer
Are you looking for meaningful Childcare volunteer work? Join International Volunteer HQ, the world’s leading volunteer travel organisation, and support the Childcare project in Kenya.
- Located in Kenya’s capital territory of Nairobi. Childcare placements are in and around the villages of Nairobi, Kibera (the largest slum in Africa), Nakuru and Mombasa. Allowing you to experience the diverse landscape of Kenya.
- Runs year-round
- Starts on the 1st and 15th of every month
What you can expect
Whilst volunteering in Kenya you can expect to help out with the day-to-day operations of a range of pre-schools, baby day care centers, and children’s homes. Each center accommodates children of differing ages, however, you will typically work with children between the ages of 1 and 16 years-old. You are often required to teach the children basic English and Math, and you can expect to assist with the general running of the daily chores, such as cooking, cleaning, helping with farm work, caring for children and babies, and assisting with feeding programs.
Why you should volunteer with us:
- Trusted by over 80,000 volunteers since 2007 – we are the world’s largest network of volunteer travelers
- Our outstanding safety systems and track record set us apart – we are the world’s safest organisation
- Program fees start from as low as $180 with a rating of 95/100 on independent review sites
- 40+ destinations, 200+ projects available year-round
- We have over 10 years experience and place over 18,000 volunteers abroad every year – that’s more than any other organisation