Where and when you’ll volunteer
Are you looking for meaningful Community Development volunteer work? Join International Volunteer HQ, the world’s leading volunteer travel organisation, and support the Community Development project in Madagascar.
- Located on Madagascar’s island of Nosy Komba. Community Development placements are located throughout the communities of Nosy Komba and Nosy Be.
- Runs year-round
- Starts on the first and 3rd Monday of every month
What you can expect
Initiatives can involve general maintenance work within the small village schools where our Teaching volunteers work. As well as working within the schools, new community projects arise all the time, so you should expect to work on different projects in different locations during your time in Madagascar. Tasks can include building ablution blocks, painting rooms, repairing desks and other general repair jobs. This work can be physically demanding at times as supplies often need to be loaded on and off boats. While on the Community Development project you are also able to participate in the Teaching project in the villages to interact with locals and gain ideas for new initiatives.
Why you should volunteer with us:
- Trusted by over 80,000 volunteers since 2007 – we are the world’s largest network of volunteer travelers
- Our outstanding safety systems and track record set us apart – we are the world’s safest organisation
- Program fees start from as low as $180 with a rating of 95/100 on independent review sites
- 40+ destinations, 200+ projects available year-round
- We have over 10 years experience and place over 18,000 volunteers abroad every year – that’s more than any other organisation