Where and when you’ll volunteer
Are you looking for meaningful Teaching and Sports Education volunteer work? Join International Volunteer HQ, the world’s leading volunteer travel organisation, and support the Teaching and Sports Education project in Fiji.
- Located in Fiji’s capital of Suva. Teaching and Sports Education placements are located in Narere and throughout the wider city area of Suva
- Runs year-round
- Starts every Monday
What you can expect
On the Teaching and Sports project, you will work in local schools, in classrooms of 30 to 50 children between the age of 6 and 16. The Teaching component of the project is held in the mornings, either assisting a local teacher or leading a class independently. These assignments are made by the local team dependent on the skills, experience and confidence level indicated in your application. You will follow a government-issued curriculum, but you are encouraged to plan creative lessons with the permission of the local teachers. In the afternoons, you have the choice of activities – either continued teaching, lesson planning or helping with physical education and extracurricular sports.
Why you should volunteer with us:
- Trusted by over 80,000 volunteers since 2007 – we are the world’s largest network of volunteer travelers
- Our outstanding safety systems and track record set us apart – we are the world’s safest organisation
- Program fees start from as low as $180 with a rating of 95/100 on independent review sites
- 40+ destinations, 200+ projects available year-round
- We have over 10 years experience and place over 18,000 volunteers abroad every year – that’s more than any other organisation