Where and when you’ll volunteer
Are you looking for meaningful Women’s Education volunteer work? Join International Volunteer HQ, the world’s leading volunteer travel organisation, and support the Women’s Education project in Kenya.
- Located in Kenya’s capital territory of Nairobi. Women’s Education placements are in and around the villages of Nairobi, Kibera (the largest slum in Africa), Nakuru and Mombasa. Allowing you to experience the diverse landscape of Kenya.
- Runs year-round
- Starts on the 1st and 15th of every month
What you can expect
When volunteering on this project, you will assist in a range of areas, including counseling, skill-training, and campaign/education development. At many of the centers, women are able to learn sewing, tailoring, candle-making, and jewelry-making through subsidised courses. The women also have access to finance and small business management courses, enabling them to start their own craft-making or tailoring businesses to generate an income and provide for their families.
Why you should volunteer with us:
- Trusted by over 80,000 volunteers since 2007 – we are the world’s largest network of volunteer travelers
- Our outstanding safety systems and track record set us apart – we are the world’s safest organisation
- Program fees start from as low as $180 with a rating of 95/100 on independent review sites
- 40+ destinations, 200+ projects available year-round
- We have over 10 years experience and place over 18,000 volunteers abroad every year – that’s more than any other organisation