Where and when you’ll volunteer
Are you looking for meaningful Surf volunteer work? Join International Volunteer HQ, the world’s leading volunteer travel organisation, and support the Surf Outreach project in South Africa.
- Located in South Africa’s coastal city of Cape Town. Surf Outreach placements are based on the cities beaching, allowing you to experience the beautiful coast of South Africa.
- Runs year-round
- Starts first and third Monday of each month
What you can expect
On the Surf Outreach project, you will be working with children aged between 9 and 15 years old, who come from disadvantaged backgrounds where poverty, abuse, and violence is not uncommon. You will provide a positive influence on these children and help build their self-confidence by providing them with an opportunity to spend their free time in a healthy and productive way. Examples of volunteer duties on the project include planning activities and teaching the children how to surf or play beach games, cleaning wetsuits, cleaning the surf development center, preparing sandwiches for the students. You will typically spend five days per week surfing but may also spend days teaching beach games if surf conditions are not suitable.
Why you should volunteer with us:
- Trusted by over 80,000 volunteers since 2007 – we are the world’s largest network of volunteer travelers
- Our outstanding safety systems and track record set us apart – we are the world’s safest organisation
- Program fees start from as low as $180 with a rating of 95/100 on independent review sites
- 40+ destinations, 200+ projects available year-round
- We have over 10 years experience and place over 18,000 volunteers abroad every year – that’s more than any other organisation